A "disgusted" granddad has claimed lifeguards at his local swimming pool used a wave machine to 'break up' a woman's vomit.
Steve Wiseman said he was in the pool with his daughter Molly, 11, and granddaughter Jett, eight, at Cleethorpes Leisure Centre in Lincolnshire on Saturday when the woman threw up in the water.
He claimed staff were left puzzled about how to clean up the sick before a decision was made to switch on the pool's wave machine to 'break up' the chunks, the Grimsby Telegraph reported.
The centre made no comment on the allegation but said lifeguards took "immediate action" and "removed the contamination from the pool".
Steven Wiseman said he was "disgusted" by the swimming pool incident
Steve said: "We heard a manager was called to the pool. But they could not decide what to do.
"All he did was send a lifeguard into the pool to scoop out the lumps. Then he ordered the wave machine to be switched on to stir it up.
"It was disgusting. It is gross. I think it is a bio hazard.
"They should have got everyone out and cleaned it."
Staff at the centre did not respond to allegations but said lifeguards acted professionally
The grandfather said he immediately removed Molly and Jett from the pool.
A spokesperson from Lincs Inspire, which manages the venue, said: "Our lifeguards took immediate action and removed the contamination from the pool.
"We follow national industry and safety guidelines which state that if such contamination is caught early enough then it can be removed from the pool with the disinfectant in the water killing any pathogens.
"There are times where we would look to temporarily clear the pool of swimmers if we could not contain the contamination. We are always happy to explain our procedures to customers."