Five people, including two teenagers and a 12-year-old, died on Friday after being electrocuted at a water park pool in northwest Turkey.
SEE ALSO: British fisherman electrocuted by overhead power cable in Spain
SEE ALSO: British man dies after being electrocuted in Thailand
The three children were struck by an electrical current in a swimming pool at the park in Akyazı, Sakarya province.
According to the Associated Press, the park manager and his son dived into the water to try to rescue the children but were injured. All five were taken to hospital but could not be saved.
A sixth person was taken to hospital with unknown injuries.
The BBC reports that the pool's water was flushed away while the electricity was switched off at the park.
It is unclear how the pool became electrified. The incident is under investigation.