The quietest train station in Britain was used 12 times in the year 2015-16 - the equivalent of one passenger a month.
Shippea Hill station, eight miles from Ely, in Cambridgeshire, had just 12 entries and exits, according to the Office of Rail and Road (ORR) report.
See also: Car dragged 80ft after being hit by train at level crossing
See also: Police officer pulls man off tracks moments before train arrives
According to the Guardian, only one train towards Norwich serves the station on weekdays, with no return service. On Saturday, passengers can take a trip to the city, leaving at 7.25am and returning 12 hours later.
Founded in 1845, the station is on the Breckland Line and serves the hamlets of Shippea Hill and Prickwillow, reports Cambridge News. It runs between Cambridge in the west and Norwich in the east.
The station with the second fewest passengers was Reddish South in Greater Manchester, which saw just 38 people arrive or leave over the year.
At the other end of the scale, London Waterloo was the busiest station in the UK, with 99.1 million recorded journeys in the 12 months to 31 March 2016. This is the equivalent of 189 people entering or exiting Waterloo station every minute.
Indeed, the top 10 busiest stations in Britain were all in London.
Snapping at Waterloo's heels was London Victoria with 81.1 million people entering or leaving, while Liverpool Street saw 66.6 million pass through.
Birmingham New Street (39m) was the busiest station outside London, followed by Glasgow Central (30m), the busiest in Scotland.
In total, 2.9 billion people exited or entered a station in Britain last year, according to the Telegraph.
The 10 quietest stations in the UK
(entries or exits in 2015-16)
1. Shippea Hill (Cambridgeshire) – 12
2. Reddish South (Greater Manchester) – 38
3. Pilning (Gloucestershire) – 46
4. Coombe Junction Halt (Cornwall) – 48
5. Barry Links (Angus) – 68
6. Denton (Greater Manchester) – 74
7. Stanlow & Thornton (Cheshire) – 88
8. Teesside Airport (County Durham) – 98
9. Chapelton (Devon) – 100
10. Clifton (Greater Manchester) – 116
The 10 busiest stations in the UK
1. London Waterloo – 99,148,388
2. London Victoria – 81,151,418
3. London Liverpool Street – 66,556,690
4. London Bridge – 53,850,938
5. London Euston – 41,677,870
6. Stratford – 41,113,260
7. Birmingham New Street – 39,077,018
8. London Paddington – 36,536,074
9. London King's Cross – 33,361,696
10. Clapham Junction – 32,282,220