Gordon Ramsay stung by jellyfish on penis in Sardinia

Chef reveals he was stung in unfortunate place on family holiday

Updated: 
Gordon Ramsay stung by jellyfish on penis in Sardinia

Gordon Ramsay has revealed that he suffered a rather unfortunate encounter with a jellyfish on a family holiday.

The celebrity chef was enjoying a relaxing family getaway in Sardinia when a jellyfish stung him right on his penis. Ouch.

See also: 10 tiny creatures that can kill you

See also: Newly discovered jellyfish looks like an alien


According to the Mirror, in an interview with the Daily Star, he said: "F***ing hell it hurt. I couldn't even wee on it. It left a real mark down there."


Gordon Ramsay stung by jellyfish on penis in Sardinia


However, it seems he's got over it now as he made a little joke about it recently on Twitter, reports the Metro.


Back in 2010, a woman died after being stung by a jellyfish on holiday in Sardinia.

Maria Furcas, 69, was stung on the right leg by a Portuguese Man of War while she was swimming with her sister at Porto Tramatzu near Cagliari.

She managed to get out of the water before collapsing after suffering anaphylactic shock.

The Daily Mail reports that it was thought to have been the first jellyfish fatality in Europe.

World's deadliest animals

World's deadliest animals