Palma Majorca is known for its sunshine, relaxed lifestyle as well as its fun - so it's not surprising that one of the top things to do in this beautiful city is to while away the hours enjoying this beautiful city's plethora of relaxed outdoor terraces and bars.
And by night, Palma's bars come to life, offering an authentic island atmosphere and a tantalising selection of drinks and cocktails.
So how do you know which is the perfect spot for sipping your favourite tipple? Check out our top ten cocktail venues in Majorca below (listed in no particular order).
See also: Why Majorca is perfect for a short break
1. La Vermuteria offers a design that reflects Spain's old fashioned drinking establishments. Commemorating the custom of "la hora del vermut" or "Vermouth time" when aperitifs and tapas are enjoyed, La Rosa Vermuteria is an atmospheric spot for a pre-dinner drink.
2. Can Alomar's terrace (pictured), located within the Luxury Boutique Hotel Can Alomar, is one of Palma's most central spots to enjoy a cocktail while admiring views over the iconic Passeig del Borne; a romantic, tree-lined boulevard. As well as a spectacular Mallorcan wine list, Can Alomar's Terrace serves up Japanese-Peruvian inspired tapas provided by the hotel's restaurant Tokyo a Lima, and cocktails such as "Lima", their own Pisco Sour.
3. Weyler Cocktail Bar is a modern cocktail bar offering some of the best cocktails in town - try the Botechito, made of tequila, red fruit ice cream and lime juice or their famous Cosmopolitans. A favourite with both locals and visitors, Weyler boasts a prime spot opposite to the famous Gran Hotel building. It also boasts a spacious outdoor terrace, perfect for people watching.
4. The Es Baluard Restaurant & Lounge is one of the best spots on the island for an outdoor drink as the sun sets overlooking the city. Nestled within the grounds of the contemporary art museum of the same name, the outdoor bar is located within the perimeter of the Sant Pere bastion, part of the Renaissance wall that surrounded the city of Palma until the beginning of the 20th Century. Recommended cocktails include Spicy Jean made with gin, Cointreau and tabasco.
5. Ginbo (above) is a gin bar located in the city centre with more than 100 different gins to choose from. Highly trained mixologists use a vast range of gins, ingredients and tonics to please the most discerning tastes. The bar is open during the day for coffees, snacks and of course, as much gin and tonic as the heart desires.
6. Patron Lunares Cantina, in the up-and-coming Santa Catalina neighbourhood, is a well-known restaurant that pays homage to the fishermen who sailed the Mediterranean seas for centuries. Offering a range of seafood as well as organic vegetables and meats, this little gem is also great spot for cocktails such as the signature Daiquiri Patron. Thursday is music day, featuring different bands throughout the day for visitors to enjoy with a drink in hand.
7 Bar Nicolás on the Passeig del Born is the perfect spot for afternoon cocktails following a day of shopping. The bar has a terrace and a long list of cocktails to choose from including innovative options such as Moscow Mule Masala made with vodka and ginger beer.
8. Brassclub is owned by award winning mixologist Rafa Martin and is quickly becoming known as the leading cocktail bar in Palma. The cocktail list changes regularly to incorporate seasonal ingredients with a selection that will not disappoint.
9. Singular Rooftop Terrace, in the luxury boutique hotel Sant Francesc Hotel Singular in the historic centre of Palma de Mallorca, is a panoramic terrace offers breathtaking views of the San Francesc Basilica and the sea. This is a great spot to enjoy the sunset over the historic centre of Palma with a glass of champagne or cocktail.
10. Can Frasquet was a famous pastry shop in Palma which was recently transformed into a trendy new restaurant and bar in the centre of Palma. As well as serving a range of typical Mallorcan dishes, Can Frasquet is also a great spot for an evening cocktail such as Aperol Spritz.