Rain, rain go away: Could we be in for a pleasant Bank Holiday?

Downpours to clear for a drier Bank Holiday weekend

Updated: 
Rain, rain go away: Could we be in for a dry Bank Holiday?


Ok, there's good news and bad news as some parts of Britain are set to see the back of almost-constant rain - while others will remain wet for the Bank Holiday weekend.

Southern areas could get brighter weather with temperatures reaching a pleasant 24C.

See also: August Bank Holiday 2015: Best things to do around Britain

Leon Brown, meteorologist at The Weather Channel, told Aol Travel: "There will be more bands of rain on Wednesday.

"It will be better across central Britain Thursday but showers in the north and rain may move up across the far south again.

"How far northwards over southern counties it moves is a bit uncertain but south east may be quite wet again.

"Friday will see the best weather of the week in the south.

"This weekend there will be some longer spells of rain on Saturday for the west spreading east. It will better on Sunday but still a risk of showers."

And, a spokesman at the Weather Network told Aol Travel: "Although it will be breezy with further showers through Thursday and Friday, there should hopefully be some sunshine at times – making it feel a touch warmer than recent days.

"There is still a lot of uncertainty regarding the weather for the Bank Holiday weekend, but it is likely to remain rather changeable and showery through until the start of next week.

"However, like Thursday and Friday, there should be some sunshine between the showers with temperatures hopefully creeping up into the low 20s Celsius in places.

"And by Bank Holiday Monday, most of the showers should become confined to northern and western areas with many southern and eastern areas of the UK likely to have a dry and fine day."

Weather.com is even suggesting the south of England could see sunny spells and temperatures up to 24C by Sunday.

Whereas it gives Wednesday an 80 per cent chance of rain in London, on Saturday, Sunday and Monday there is currently a 20 per cent risk of rain in the capital, with temperatures ranging from 21C to 24C.

August bank holiday 2015: Things to do around Britain

August bank holiday 2015: Things to do around Britain


Related articles

Flood warnings as heavy rain batters Britain

'Spanish Plume' brings heat and thunderstorms to UK

South of England Hit by Torrential Rain and Flooding


Flash Floods Swamp Calabria