An Argentinian tourist has been killed by a rubbish truck at Miami Beach.
The man was reportedly trying to cross an intersection when he was hit by the waste removal truck at 9am local time on Friday morning.
According to the Miami Herald, Miami Beach Detective Vivian Thayer said the driver, who worked for Pronto Waste Service, remained on the scene until police arrived.
The fatal incident occurred at the entrance to South Pointe Park.
Reports suggest the 46-year-old man had been riding a bicycle when he was hit.
Witness Ricardo Ortega was working at a nearby building when the incident occurred.
Speaking to CBS Local, he said: "When I looked down, I see a guy in a pool of blood, underneath the dump truck in between the back wheels and the front wheels and I didn't see any screaming, any movements so I figured with the amount of blood that's there, it's not a good sight."
Another witness, Michael Ruffin, told Local 10: "So sad, nothing we can do to help. You could see he passed away under the trunk."
Miami Beach Police told the site so far no charges have been filed, and the investigation would have to finish before deciding if any charges would be pressed.
Swimmer dies at Newquay Beach
Buried alive: Man dies after 10ft hole he dug on beach collapses
Man found dead in sea off Cornwall named as top scientist