British chef dies after inhaling laughing gas in France

Updated: 

jordan guise dies in france inhaling nitrous oxide


A 21-year-old chef from the West Midlands has died in France after inhaling a lethal dose of laughing gas.

Head chef Jordan Guise was found in his apartment in Beziers, south west France after experimenting with nitrous oxide, Nine MSN reports.

He was found by his boss when he failed to turn up to work.

The Daily Mail reports that a French coroner recorded a verdict of accidental death.

Speaking to the Halesowen News, his mother Leesa Malpas, from Kidderminster, said Jordan had called home just two days before his death and announced he was to become a father.

"We were laughing and joking with him. He phoned and told us on the Tuesday and died on the Thursday," she said.

"Jordan loved his new life and career and although away from friends and family was determined to make something of himself.

"He lived his dream – to be a head chef in France. He was passionate about his work and was very proud of himself, as were his family, friends and work colleagues."

A Facebook page was set up to raise the £3,500 needed to return Mr Guise's body to the UK.

Related articles

Chef collapses at o2 Arena restaurant after eating extremely hot chilli sauce

British backpacker dies after drinking 'poisoned gin' in Indonesia


Bangkok Vendors Selling Illegal Laughing Gas Balloons