A teenage boy fell 100ft down a cliff in Newquay, Cornwall after climbing over a wall to pick up a cigarette at night.
Georgie Mitchell, 15, miraculously survived the plunge but was airlifted to Derriford Hospital in Plymouth with multiple broken bones, This is Cornwall reports.
George and a few friends were staying at the Great Western Hotel for the night.
His friend Amy Booker said: "He was there having a cigarette and he dropped it and he leaned over the wall and slipped and went all the way down to the bottom.
"We all just ran out of the hotel and ran down. We couldn't hear anything, it was all silent."
Watch Officer at Falmouth Coastguard, Alex Greg, told Pirate FM: "Cliff edges are always dangerous no matter what time of day it is. We can't speculate what they were doing in the area but people at that time of night probably aren't paying the closest attention to their surroundings so be safe, don't go near a cliff edge and just make sure you're aware of your surroundings at all times."
Camper falls 40ft down cliff after getting lost returning from toilet
Girl airlifted to hospital after beach cliff fall in Cornwall