Teenager dies from nut allergy on his first holiday abroad in Thailand

Updated: 

Teenager dies from nut allergy in Thailand on his first holiday abroad


A 14-year-old boy from Cardiff has died on holiday in Thailand after suffering a severe allergic reaction to cashew nuts.

Ethan Williams was on his first holiday abroad and is believed to have bought the snack at Jungceylon shopping mall in Phuket and ate a single cashew nut before suffering an anaphylactic shock, the Bangkok Post reports.

Phuket Wan reports that Ethan was admitted to Patong Hospital but staff were unable to save him.

The teenager was on holiday with his father's family at Karon Beach.

Speaking to WalesOnline, his mother Emma Williams, who is separated from his father and was in Cardiff during her son's holiday, said she was told the news over the phone.

"He said 'Mum I really miss you, I'm getting homesick now'," she said.

"I told him he'd only got a few more days until he was back home and then he could tell me all about it."

Related articles

Dad dies after being bitten by horsefly in Devon

Best-selling author's son drowns at beach in Thailand