A couple who were preparing to say 'I do' at a luxury hotel in Canada had their hopes dashed when they learnt that their venue had, quite literally, gone up in smoke.
Nancy Rogers was already in her wedding dress when she heard that the White Point Beach Resort in Liverpool, Nova Scotia, was on fire.
She was set to marry her fiance Michael at the 83-year-old hotel on Saturday.
According to the Daily Mail, Nancy told the Canadian National Post: 'Michael's mum knocked on the door. She had an awful look on her face.
'It wasn't until we had another knock on the door and the police were there to evacuate us that we went ''uh-oh''.'
But, while firefighters battled for six hours to put out the blaze, the couple continued with their Big Day, after hotel staff - who were hailed as 'amazing' - moved it to another building on the resort.
After the ceremony, the happy couple posed for pics on the beach in front of the fiery building where their reception would have been.
Nobody was hurt in the blaze, and it is not thought to have been suspicious.
Sign up to our weekly newsletter | Follow us on Twitter | Become a fan on Facebook