A British holidaymaker had a lucky escape after becoming entangled in fishing nets during a late-night swim in Mallorca, Spain.
Hannah King, 22, jumped in the sea at 3.30 am for an after-dark dip, and became entangled in fishing nets after grabbing on to a buoy.
A fishing hook became embedded in her right index finger, and the more she panicked, the more entangled she became.
Tourists on the beach heard he screams, and flagged down to Civil Guards, who jumped in to save her.
Hannah told the Daily Mail: 'I was convinced I was going to die. The more I struggled the more entangled I got and the harder it was to stay afloat. It was pitch black so I could hardly see a thing. I've never been so frightened in my life.'
Hannah is now recovering after being taken to hospital, where they removed the fishing hook from her finger.
A police source said she was 'lucky' there were other tourists left on the beach who heard her cries for help.