Rampant against Reds, off-colour versus Crusaders - Israel Folau's Super Rugby career in numbers
Israel Folau made Super Rugby history on Saturday as he broke the competition's try-scoring record.
Having moved level with former All Black Doug Howlett by crossing against the Crusaders a fortnight ago, Folau claimed his 60th Super Rugby try when he went over against the Blues at Eden Park.
At 30, the Wallabies star has plenty of time to improve on his record tally and make it a very difficult one to surpass.
With the help of Opta, we look at some of the best numbers surrounding Folau's Super Rugby career.
- Howlett's 59 Super Rugby five-pointers came across spells at the Highlanders, Hurricanes, and Blues, whereas all of Folau's 60 have been scored for the Waratahs.
- Since making his Super Rugby debut in round two of the 2013 season, Folau has scored 60 tries in 96 games - 17 more than any other player has managed in that time (TJ Perenara, 43).
- Folau's 60 tries since his Super Rugby debut are 28 more than any other Australia-based player (Henry Speight 32 in 84 games).
- Folau has touched down five or more times against five different teams in Super Rugby; however, against no opposition has he scored more tries than against domestic rivals the Reds (seven).
- Sunwolves are the only team in Super Rugby against whom Israel Folau averages more than one try per game (five tries in four games).
- Folau has crossed just twice in seven Super Rugby matches against the Crusaders, his lowest strike rate against any team in the competition.
- Folau has scored at least one try versus every one of the 17 different teams he has faced in his Super Rugby career to date.