It just gets crazier - Bennett scoffs at Parramatta reports
Wayne Bennett denied he has been approached by Parramatta Eels and reiterated that he will be staying with Brisbane Broncos for the 2019 NRL season.
Channel 9 reported that the Eels were looking to appoint the Broncos coach as a replacement for Brad Arthur.
Bennett last month stated that he plans to see out his contract - which expires next year - after the Broncos held talks with Melbourne Storm head coach Craig Bellamy.
The England boss on Friday said he has not had any contact from Parramatta and has no intention of moving on.
"It just gets crazier, I've got nothing to add to it and I don't know anything about it." said the straight-talking 68-year-old.
Bennett added when quizzed if he has been approached by the Eels, "I'm here next year and I'm not open to that [potential interest from Parramatta] either."
Bellamy, who has been offered a new deal by the defending NRL premiers, this week asked for patience as he considers his future.
"We are getting closer but how close that is I'm not sure yet - there are still some things to be thought about yet," Bellamy said
"I wasn't going to rush a decision to please anyone. Both clubs have been very patient which I appreciate but they will have to be a bit more patient for me to make my mind up."