Stop talking and start fighting, Joshua tells rival Fury

Anthony Joshua has challenged Tyson Fury to get "back in action" and warned his fellow heavyweight he will not wait around for his return.

Joshua added the WBO belt to his WBA and IBF titles with a unanimous points victory over Joseph Parker on March 31, in the process stretching his record as a pro to 21-0.

Fury previously held all three straps after out-pointing Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015, but the 29-year-old has been inactive since his famous victory in Dusseldorf.

The former champion was quick to react to Joshua's last performance on social media, claiming in an Instagram post that he remains the "true king" of the division.

While reiterating he would welcome an all-British showdown in the future, Joshua has told Fury to forget about making comments and instead focus on his own future.

"After the Klitschko fight, that was a guy I called out to challenge me straightaway," Joshua told Sky Sports.

"There is no denying Tyson knows how to box. He's a good boxer. But other than that, until he makes his return to the ring, I can't sit down and wait patiently in my home for Tyson Fury to return.

"I've got a career and goals I want to achieve. I'm focusing on what I'm doing.

"When he gets himself together, the boxing fans await his return, but what Fury does with his career has nothing to do with me.

"He just has to get himself back in action, worrying about what he's doing rather than sitting at home commentating on my fights. He should be getting a bit of motivation, a bit of hunger back in the belly to get out, get training and get back in the ring.

"Realistically, people don't want to see a commentator, they want to see a fighter fight."

Joshua is yet to confirm his future plans, with the WBA ordering their champion to face mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin by September.

Read Full Story

FROM OUR PARTNERS