Parker: Joshua the better champion but I'll be back
Joseph Parker acknowledged he was beaten by a better champion but the New Zealander insisted he will be back after losing his WBO heavyweight title to Anthony Joshua.
Parker put his WBO belt on the line in Cardiff but he walked away empty-handed as WBA and IBF champion Joshua prevailed by unanimous decision on Saturday.
Previously unbeaten, Parker forced Joshua to go the 12-round distance for the first time in his career, however the 26-year-old from South Auckland was unable to deliver the knockout blow against his disciplined opponent.
Speaking afterwards, Parker told Sky Sports: "Today I got beaten by a better champion. There's a lot to work on - it's a good experience being here, thank you all for the opportunity, to fight in this big stadium.
"I want to go back, train hard ... and come back stronger.
"No regrets. We'll be back again. I'd love to have another go - it's just back to the drawing board.
"We would have worked that inside more [without the ref breaking things up repeatedly], but whatever happened here happened. We can't change it, so we've just got to look forward.
"Of course [I can become world champion again]. I'm young, fit, strong - I didn't go down. I'm fit to go 12 rounds.
"He's good - he's a good, big man. He was better on the day, but like I said, I'll be back."