Arians rips 'fake news story' amid retirement talk
Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians had fun channelling United States president Donald Trump in refuting a report he would retire after the NFL season.
There were conflicting reports on Tuesday that Arians, 65, had decided to retire.
Arians said he will not make that decision until after the season, and is sick of addressing the issue.
"If you want to ask me about this fake news story that has come up -- I'm quoting the president now -- nothing's changed," Arians told reporters.
"I don't know where all that s****'s came from. Nothing's changed in the last month, and everybody keeps asking the same question."
Arians added: "I'm getting a little tired of it, yeah. There will come a time and place when we decide what we are going to do. I guess Larry [Fitzgerald] has put up with this for like, eight years, so I guess I can put up with it for one."
It is not the first time Arians has shot down speculation about his future plans. After a similar report surfaced in October, Arians tweeted, "Hearing reports I'm retiring. News to me. Nothing could be further from truth..."
Arians has a respectable 48-30-1 mark in five seasons in Phoenix, but said he still wants a Super Bowl championship.
The Cardinals (7-8) have not lived up to expectations this season, but the team have been beset by injuries.
All-Pro running back David Johnson was lost for the season to injury in week one and quarterback Carson Palmer, whose future is also uncertain, went out at midseason. Several key defensive players are on injured reserve.
So, Arians has reason to be optimistic if he returns in 2018. He said he still loves the job.
"I got up at 5 this morning and was excited to get here," Arians said. "That hasn't changed."