International Cricket Council (ICC) anti-corruption general manager Alex Marshall said he is confident there is no evidence to suggest the third Ashes Test in Perth has been corrupted amid match-fixing claims.
The Sun claimed this week its undercover reporters had been offered the opportunity to purchase details of supposed rigged periods of play in the match between Australia and England at the WACA - the Test due to get underway on Thursday.
Cricket Australia said it would cooperate fully with any anti-corruption investigation following the publication of the report.
The ICC released a statement on Thursday, with Marshall saying: "We have now received all materials relating to The Sun investigation. We take the allegations extremely seriously and they will be investigated by the ICC Anti-Corruption Unit working with anti-corruption colleagues from Member countries.
"From my initial assessment of the material, there is no evidence, either from The Sun or via our own intelligence, to suggest the current Test Match has been corrupted.
"At this stage of the investigation, there is no indication that any players in this Test have been in contact with the alleged fixers.
"The allegations are wide ranging and relate to various forms of cricket in several countries, including T20 tournaments. We will look closely at all the information as part of our investigation."
Australia lead the Ashes 2-0 and are looking to take an unassailable 3-0 advantage over England in the battle for the coveted urn.