Peter Bosz admits he has "no idea" if Ousmane Dembele will still be a Borussia Dortmund player by the end of the transfer window.
The 20-year-old was subject to a bid from Barcelona as they look to fill the hole left by Neymar's departure, with Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho also believed to be a target.
Dortmund suspended Dembele for missing training without permission last week and the winger is not under consideration for Saturday's trip to Wolfsburg, with his actions drawing criticism from team-mate Sokratis Papastathopoulos.
Bosz, who took over as coach in June, is willing to welcome the Frenchman back into the first-team set-up but remains unsure of the player's future at Signal Iduna Park.
"I'll try to focus on the players that are here. Ousmane is not," Bosz said.
"I have no idea how exactly this will turn out in the end.
"Ousmane is a good lad and a good player. We'll have to talk about how to reintegrate him if [he stays]."
Dembele's enforced absence has been compounded by news of a thigh injury ruling Andre Schurrle out for around four weeks.
Dortmund will also be without Marco Reus for several more months as the injury-plagued German recovers from a knee problem, although Mario Gotze is "ready to start" against Wolfsburg.
Turkey international Emre Mor is a potential option on the wing after his mooted move to Inter fell through.
"That the transfer didn't come off has nothing to do with BVB," Bosz said.
"It's other people who are involved in the process."
Dortmund finished third in the Bundesliga last season, 18 points behind champions Bayern Munich.