Hasler dismisses talk of Bulldogs showdown talks

Updated: 

Under-fire Canterbury Bulldogs head coach Des Hasler claims his future was not discussed at a board meeting on Tuesday.

Reports suggested Hasler was facing showdown talks after a 42-12 drubbing at the hands of Brisbane Broncos last week.

The Bulldogs have lost seven of their last nine NRL matches and appear unlikely to feature in the finals.

But Hasler, who signed a two-year contract extension in April, insisted his position was not on the agenda when he met the board.

"It was just a regular board meeting and it gained more media focus than the G20," Hasler said.

"We discussed budgets and boring things like that. At the same time I've got to also reflect that the group here is very united and we know it's been an up and down year."

Asked again about his future, he said: "It hasn't been raised so it's not worth going down that track or commenting on.

"It was just a board meeting."