Dispute could leave Australia without a team for the Ashes - Warner
Vice-captain David Warner has warned Australia could be left without a team for the Ashes if a pay dispute is not resolved.
A plan set out in March by Cricket Australia (CA) proposed wage rises for male and female players but also saw the withdrawal of an obligation for them to share a portion of their revenue with athletes.
The Australian Cricketers' Association (ACA) rejected the proposal in April, branding the suggestions "a 'win' for cricket administrators but a 'loss' for cricket".
Several players, including Shane Watson, Mitchell Starc and Mitchell Johnson, tweeted their support for the ACA's stance following the publication of what is allegedly an e-mail from CA chief executive James Sutherland stating players whose contracts expire this year will not have them renewed.
And Warner says players would be prepared to sit out the forthcoming home Ashes series against England if they are unable to alter CA's plans.
"If it gets to the extreme, they might not have a team for the Ashes," Warner told The Age. "I really hope they can come to an agreement...we don't really want to see this panning out like that where we don't have a team, we don't have cricket in the Australian summer.
"It is up to CA to deal with the ACA. It's obviously in their hands.
"We thought something along the lines of this might happen...it's not come as a shock, but more the fact it has come so early.
"We won't buckle at all, we are standing together and very strong, and as you can see from all the people that have spoken so far, we are all on the same wavelength and are sticking together.
"We want a fair share and the revenue-sharing model is what we want, so we are going to stick together until we get that. We are not going to shy away; we are just going to stick together."
The first Ashes Test gets under way in Brisbane on November 23.