No action will be taken against any France player following an investigation into an alleged bite on Wales winger George North during Saturday's controversial Six Nations match in Paris.
North complained to referee Wayne Barnes that teeth had been sunk into his arm during a farcical finale at Stade de France, which ended with Les Bleus snatching a 20-18 victory in the 100th minute.
However, following examination of footage, Six Nations officials said there is no evidence to pick out any individual for being responsible for biting North on the final day of the tournament.
"The independent citing commissioner present at the France v Wales match on 18 March 2017 has carefully reviewed all relevant evidence regarding all relevant incidents, including the allegation that Wales winger, George North, was bitten in the latter stages of the match," a Six Nations Rugby statement said.
"Based on the information available to him in the case of the alleged bite [including footage of the incident from several angles], the citing commissioner has not been able to conclude that any particular individual carried out an act of foul play, and accordingly he has not made a citing complaint ahead of the ordinary deadline for doing so, ie within 48 hours after the conclusion of the match.
"While the relevant rules provide that in certain circumstances, for example where the citing commissioner is uncertain as to the identity of the player(s) concerned, he is permitted to make a citing complaint after the 48-hour deadline, Six Nations Rugby anticipates that this will be the end of the matter in terms of the alleged bite."
Wales head coach Rob Howley questioned the integrity of France's coaching staff and claims rugby was brought into disrepute after a contest in which 20 minutes of time was added on at the end.
Questions were asked after prop Rabah Slimani - a better scrummager - was allowed to return to the field place of Uini Atonio, who ostensibly went off to undergo a Head Injury Assessment (HIA) amid apparent concussion concerns.