Out-of-favour striker Vincent Janssen is refusing to give up on his Tottenham career.
Netherlands international Janssen joined Spurs from AZ during the close season for £17million - reward for 32 goals in 49 games for the Eredivisie side.
Janssen has failed to replicate such form at White Hart Lane, with four in 27 appearances all coming from the penalty spot, while finding first-team opportunities increasingly hard to come by.
The 22-year-old has been restricted to 10 starts across all competitions, the last of these coming in the FA Cup against Aston Villa in January.
He was left out of the matchday squad for Thursday's 1-0 Europa League loss at Gent and manager Mauricio Pochettino told reporters Janssen must do more to impress on the training ground.
Sunday's FA Cup fifth-round trip to Fulham represents the latest opportunity for the player to state his case and he is remaining upbeat over his Tottenham prospects.
"I have given myself 12 months to succeed in the Premier League with Tottenham and those 12 months are not over yet," he said, as quoted by the Mirror.
"The level is really high here. Up until last week we were second in the league.
"Don't forget I had only played one season at the highest level in Holland when Spurs bought me from AZ Alkmaar.
"In a short period of time I have made some big steps forward in my career.
"I'm not going to throw the towel in just because things are not going great for the first time in my career.
"I am jumping to put the Spurs shirt on, but I will have to prove to the coach that I deserve to play."
Janssen added that being left in the stands in midweek left him "sad", while confirming he rejected the prospect of a move to Galatasaray during the January transfer window.
"When my agent turned up with Galatasaray I told him that he had to cut off the whole thing," he added.
"No way I am leaving Spurs in less than one year."