12 Jose Mourinho reactions that sum up how you feel about your Christmas presents
As a child, one of the most exciting things about Christmas was running down the stairs at the break of dawn to a pile of sparkly presents.
As an adult, while there's still an air of excitement, this whole gift-giving malarkey requires slightly more work. A sizeable hole burns through your wallet, gift-givers must be entertained and annoying family members must be tolerated.
We've summed up the Christmas present experience using Jose Mourinho's expressive face.
1. When you try to keep your cool after unwrapping a pair of socks from your number two grandmother - for the fifth consecutive year - but have already decided you won't be giving her osteoporosis-ridden wrists a break when it comes to cracker-pulling.
2. When you asked for Nike but your aunt heard Next, and forced you to stand up in front of your beaming family to check the jumper she bought was the right size.
3. When you pick up an obvious-shaped present and do the whole "oh, I wonder what this is!" charade to entertain your younger cousin.
4. When you finally open the present you left till last because you knew it would be shit.
5. When a child throws a tantrum because they unwrapped a Star Wars Lego Rebel U-Wing Fighter when they wanted an Imperial Assault Hovertank.
6. When your granddad slips a £20 into your hand when no one is looking. Act cool, be inconspicuous. He apologises for the shit pair of socks you received earlier and tells you to buy yourself something nice.
7. When you notice a family member has re-gifted the polo shirt you bought them last year. They'd obviously tried it on and decided it'd look better on you.
8. When the relief kicks in as you see your sibling with an outstretched hand, knowing there is no way you'll be disappointed with this gift. This is the moment you'd be waiting for.
9. When you're handed an envelope and you know you've hit the jackpot. "Thank you" you whisper to yourself, "Thank you for saving me the trouble of returning a present I'd undoubtedly hate, only to find out it's in the Boxing Day sales and worth peanuts now."
10. When you watch your mother hand her friends an elegantly wrapped gift. The couple force a polite smile, not knowing what the hell they're going to do with a pestle and mortar.
11. When your mother nudges your father, raising her eyebrows and gesturing with her wide eyes. They tell you they weren't planning on getting you a second gift but they saw it and knew you'd love it. Consider it an early birthday present, they tell you.
12. When it's your turn to hand out your presents and you know you smashed it. Of course you did, you're the Special One. No one will know what's hit them and they'll be forever in your debt. Well, until next Christmas.