5 poignant quotes about saying sorry to help Yaya Toure move on
It's been a long time coming, but Yaya Toure has finally said sorry.
The Ivorian had been frozen out by Pep Guardiola because of contentious statements made by his agent Dimitri Seluk, leading the Manchester City boss to say he would not play again until he apologised.
And now, finally, the 33-year-old has done just that.
It's hard to apologise - it can leave you feeling small and humiliated.
So here are some quotes about saying sorry that might make Toure feel a little bit better about himself today.
1. "It is a good rule in life never to apologise. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them." PG Wodehouse
2. "I'm sorry my existence is not very noble or sublime." Keanu Reeves
3. "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." DH Lawrence
4. "An apology? Bah! Disgusting! Cowardly! Beneath the dignity of any gentleman, however wrong he might be." Steve Martin
5. "Three conditions are necessary for penance: contrition, which is sorrow for sin, together with a purpose of amendment; confession of sins without any omission; and satisfaction by means of good works." Thomas Aquinas