A week off from work was enough to drive Denver Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak mad.
Having returned to full health, the restless Kubiak was back at the office on Monday feeling "really good" following a health scare that left him hospitalised for a night and away from the team for their 21-13 NFL loss to the San Diego Chargers on last week.
"I got too much rest, unfortunately. I didn't want it, but I got it," Kubiak told reporters after practice at the Broncos' team facility.
"I feel very good. All my tests came back great; it's great to be back to work... The doctors that are here, the doctors in Houston got together and talked through some things... The biggest thing for me is really helping me sleep a little better.''
Kubiak needed to be taken to the hospital by ambulance following a 23-16 loss to the Atlanta Falcons on October 9.
He stayed overnight and was diagnosed with a "complex migraine condition". The incident rekindled memories of a more severe incident in 2013 when Kubiak collapsed on the sideline during a game due to a Transient Ischemic Attack, otherwise known as a "mini-stroke".
As a precaution, doctors ordered Kubiak, 55, to take the week off to rest, and special-teams coordinator Joe DeCamillis served as interim coach in the meantime.
Kubiak said he received a clean bill of health and will return to the sideline to coach Denver's game against his old team, the Houston Texans on Sunday.
Not a moment too soon, either, as Kubiak joked he had been "hollering a lot this morning," eager to correct the Broncos' two-game losing streak that has put a damper on a 4-0 start for the defending Super Bowl champs.
"When you're a football coach, taking two days away from what you do is like, 'What the hell is going on here.' It's like having a summer off or something,'' he said. "It just makes you appreciate the players, the coaches.
"I feel good, I feel really good getting out here. ...I'm through with it, I'm ready to move forward."