Vidal offered Barcelona lifeline
Barcelona sporting director Robert Fernandez says out of favour right-back Aleix Vidal will be given the chance to work his way back into Luis Enrique's plans.
Vidal has been omitted from Luis Enrique's matchday squad for seven successive games and the 27-year-old is reportedly heading for the exit as Barca plot a move for former La Masia student Hector Bellerin.
Having fallen behind makeshift defender Sergi Roberto in the pecking order, Vidal had to clarify last month that a social media post was not aimed at Luis Enrique in a derogatory manner.
And, echoing sentiments of the head coach before Saturday's 4-0 win over Deportivo La Coruna, Fernandez says Vidal remains a part of Barca's squad.
Fernandez told TV3: "Aleix must continue working and believing in himself.
"A few days ago, Adriano [Correia, who left Barca for Besiktas in June] said that he was wrong and that if he had acted differently he would still be in the club, it's a good statement.
"In the summer both the coach and myself said that the team's two right-backs were Sergi Roberto and Aleix Vidal, we still think the same.
"He is a good player and we are waiting, but there is time to change the situation."