Joshua to defend world title in November
Anthony Joshua has confirmed the second defence of his IBF world heavyweight title will take place at the Manchester Arena on November 26.
Joshua claimed the title by beating Charles Martin in April and defended the belt two months later against Dominic Breazeale, but his next opponent has not yet been named.
The 26-year-old beat Konstantin Airich in 2014 in Manchester and Joshua said he is looking forward to returning to "the grass roots" after five straight bouts at London's O2 Arena.
"When I first started my professional career I travelled all round the country fighting, which I loved," Joshua said. "This is taking me back to the grass roots.
"I can't wait to get back up north and show the people of Manchester how much I have improved since the last time I was there.
"I have been inspired over the summer by the fighters in the Olympics, it has given me a new perspective and huge hunger to get back in the ring.
"It has taken a bit of time to officially announce the fight. We want this to be a spectacular show, all the way up the card and it takes time to get these things right."
Build up starts! I train & let the businessmen do their part! Scheduled to fight in Manchester on 26th Nov & can't wait! It's all I know ??-- Anthony Joshua (@anthonyfjoshua) September 2, 2016
Promoter Eddie Hearn previously named mandatory challenger Joseph Parker as a possible opponent for Joshua, along with Bermane Stiverne and Kubrat Pulev, while Tyson Fury has previously signalled his intention to take on Joshua.
"We've already got a three-fight plan mapped out, which is November/December, March at the O2 then July at Wembley, which will either be against [David] Haye, Fury or [Deontay] Wilder," Hearn said.