The first day of Royal Ascot 2016 was grey and miserable, as hats worth thousands were hurriedly squashed into bags and replaced with nylon coats.
Here is a list of our favourite 'people getting wet at Ascot' scenes.
1. When things get tough, Sainsbury's will be there for you.
2. If you don't have an umbrella, you can always go for cling film.
3. Luckily for this lady, her hat is so big it's acting as a rain cover.
4. These women are holding an umbrella, but look so happy and posed we aren't sure if it's actually raining?
5. Now this is what people actually look like when it's raining: depressed, cold, and with a cheap black Wilkos umbrella that looks like it will turn inside out on you any moment.
6. It's true, we won't lie.
7. Turns out people at Ascot head inside when it's raining, just like normal people.
8. It's especially important to have an umbrella when you're wearing a hat made of mirrors. Just imagine trying to clean and polish that when it's got wet.
9. Sometimes people huddle next to the wall like there's a roof over their heads, but there's not.
10. It's a truth universally acknowledged that whilst most people would run in heavy rain, the Ascot elite are only capable of briskly walking.
11. But whilst all those people were suffering, The Queen showed up, and she is so posh she can actually stop the rain.