Shahadat Hossain has been cleared to resume his domestic career after the Bangladesh Cricket Board [BCB] lifted the pace bowler's temporary suspension on "humanitarian grounds".
The 29-year-old Bangladesh quick was banned last September after a case was launched against him and his wife following allegations he assaulted his housemaid.
Shahadat was arrested and bailed last year, but has not been allowed to play until the BCB cleared him for a potential comeback in the Dhaka Premier League on Tuesday.
A statement on the BCB website said: "The Bangladesh Cricket Board [BCB] has withdrawn the temporary suspension on cricketer Kazi Shahadat Hossain on humanitarian grounds.
"In September 2015 the pace bowler was banned from participating in activities under the Board's jurisdiction including playing in competitions after he became a subject of investigation for alleged criminal offences."
BCB chief executive Nizam Uddin Chowdhury said: "The BCB's disciplinary committee has taken the decision to withdraw the playing ban on Shahadat from humanitarian considerations following an appeal by the player.
"The ruling, effective from today, is applicable for participation in domestic cricket only. He however, will not be considered for national team selection until his legal issues are settled."