UFC president Dana White says Conor McGregor will not be given another chance to fight Nate Diaz in July.
McGregor was due to do battle with Diaz in a rematch at UFC 200, but the Irishman announced his retirement this week before back-tracking.
Featherweight champion McGregor was stunned by Diaz at UFC 196 last month stepping up to welterweight, only to be submitted by a heavier, larger opponent, who came into the fight on 11 days' notice.
The pair had been due to do battle again in Las Vegas, but McGregor was pulled from the event on Tuesday over a refusal to fulfil promotional duties.
McGregor failed to show at a press conference in Vegas on Friday and White said the 27-year-old Dubliner will not be fighting against Diaz.
"Anybody who has fought for the UFC over the last 16 years knows that we try to give as much leeway as we can on things," he said.
"But you have to show up to promote the fight. You have to show up to press conferences and shoot the commercials. It's part of the job. It's what we do here.
"We gave Conor every opportunity in the world to get here. We get criticised a lot for bending too much to Conor - and we do. Conor is a guy that has stepped up and fought in big fights on short notice.
"I respect Conor very much as a fighter and I like him, but you have to show up and do this stuff."
Diaz was present at the press conference, where he stated that he will also be absent from UFC 200 if he is unable to step into the ring with McGregor.
He said: "I came to fight Conor McGregor and I don't really have too much interest in anyone else. I don't have any interest in fighting at all. If that's what we were going to do, I thought we were going to do it.
"I didn't ask for that fight, he asked for that fight. If we don't do that fight, I'm going on vacation."