Leicester and Saracens stay perfect, Bath eliminated


Leicester Tigers and Saracens secured home quarter-finals in the European Champions Cup on Saturday, but Bath's hopes of qualification were extinguished courtesy of a 25-11 defeat to Leinster.

The Tigers and Saracens remain the only teams with 100 per cent pool-stage records, after recording respective wins over Benetton Treviso and Ulster 

Welford Road played host to a one-sided affair as Leicester - for whom Manu Tuilagi made his first start in 15 months - wrapped up a bonus point before half-time on their way to a 47-7 victory.

The Premiership club's progression from Pool Four is assured, but rivals Stade Francais were dealt a major blow as they went down 26-13 at Munster, who have already been eliminated.

Tries from Mike Sherry, Keith Earls, Simon Zebo and CJ Stander enabled Munster to avenge their loss in France last weekend and Stade must now beat Leicester in their final game to have any hope of making the last eight.

England fly-half Owen Farrell excelled as Saracens made it five wins out of five by beating second-placed Ulster 33-17, for their fourth bonus-point victory in the competition this term.

Elsewhere in Pool One, there was a landmark for Oyonnax as they recorded a maiden Champions Cup win, beating four-time champions Toulouse 32-14.

All four teams in Pool Two can still qualify following Bordeaux-Begles' dramatic 34-27 bonus-point triumph over Exeter Chiefs, which kept the French side's hopes alive.

Adam Ashley-Cooper scored his first European try for Bordeaux, who prevailed thanks to a late score from replacement back-row forward Marco Tauleigne.

"We don't worry about how we could qualify, regardless of where we're in the table and where we could end up. But we always go for it and next week will be no different," said Ashley-Cooper ahead of next weekend's trip to Clermont.

Pool leaders Ospreys will travel to Exeter in round six.

Bath needed to win at Leinster to sustain their hopes of making the last eight, but 20 points from the boot of Ian Madigan condemned Mike Ford's men to an early exit.