Manny Pacquiao's promoter has revealed that the legendary Filipino will fight Timothy Bradley for a third time and believes he will continue his career after that bout on April 9.
There has been much talk of who Pacquiao will take on in what was expected to be the final time he steps into the ring before he turns his attention to a career in politics.
Terence Crawford, Amir Khan and Adrien Broner were among those mentioned as possible opponents, but Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum says he has opted to face Bradley at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas in his first fight since losing to Floyd Mayweather Jr in May.
"It's' a done deal and it's going to be a third fight against Timothy Bradley," Arum told the Manila Times.
"We took a lot of consideration knowing Bradley has improved a lot as a fighter since the last time they met in 2014.
"Bradley is happy about it of course and that's really a competitive fight for Manny. The report about Adrien Broner fighting Pacquiao is untrue."
Pacquiao, the only man to have won titles in eight different divisions, recently turned 37 but Arum thinks he could fight on after locking horns with Bradley.
"It's not going to be Manny's last fight because anything could still happen and you know Manny. That's why we won't sell it that way. I don't think it is Manny's last fight," Arum added.
Bradley came out on top in his first fight between the two on a split decision to take the WBO welterweight belt in June 2012, but Pacquiao recaptured the title last year by earning a unanimous decision.
The 32-year-old American drew with Diego Gabriel Chaves after losing to Pacquiao, then came out on top against Jessie Vargas and Brandon Rios this year.