- This three Michelin starred restaurant can be found in the Spanish city of Girona and is run by the three Roca brothers, Joan, Jordi and Josep. The men were initially inspired by their parent's restaurant Can Roca in the neighbourhood of Taialà. Visit cellercanroca.com to learn more.
- Midsummer House is located in a historic Victorian villa on the banks of the River Cam, on Midsummer Common. The proximity to the river means the restaurant is a hive of activity all year round. Midsummer House also boasts two Michelin stars the first having been granted in 2002 followed by another in 2005. Visit www.midsummerhouse.co.uk for more information.
Maison Lameloise's five room dining room is found at the heart of the Maison and stone walls and wooden beams honour the French tradition of the area. The hotel and restaurant are a family run affair with a nephew of the Lameloise family currently managing the establishment. Visit www.lameloise.fr/us to learn more about the restaurant.
The French Cafe is run by husband and wife team, Creghan Molloy Wright and Simon Wright. The restaurants menu is driven by the seasons of the year and has a focus on fresh produce. Visit www.thefrenchcafe.co.nz for more information about the restaurant.
- Alinea has a tasting menu of between 18 and 22 courses that relate to the season and provide diners with a unique experience. The restaurant was started in 2005 by Grant Achatz and Nick Kokonas and is one of few in the USA to hold three Michelin starts. Visit website.alinearestaurant.com to learn more.
- El Club Allard started in 1998 as a private club but was opened to the public in 2003. The restaurant can be found on the corner of Plaza de Espana in Madrid and was awarded its second Michelin star in 2011. Visit www.elcluballard.com for more information.
- At Epicure, head chef Eric Frechon, has created a menu that is quintessentially French while mixing unusual ingredients to create new flavours. Frechon now holds three Michelin stars. Visit www.lebristolparis.com for more information about the restaurant.
Raymond Blanc opened Le Manoir Aux Quat' Saisons Hotel and Restaurant in 1984 just seven years after he and his wife opened their first restaurant. The restaurant comes with a two acre kitchen garden which means the staff always make the most of the fresh ingredients. Visit www.belmond.com restaurant for more information.
- Le Gavroche was the first UK restaurant to be granted one, two and three Michelin stars. The restaurant is now run by famous chef Michel Roux Jr who took over from his father, Albert in 1991. Visit www.le-gavroche.co.uk to learn more about the restaurant.
- Set in the Spanish hillside, Martín Berasategui's restaurant in San Sebastian boasts stunning views over Spanish Basque country. Berasategui took over the restaurant from his parents in the 1980s and has since established it as one of the best known in the region. Visit www.martinberasategui.com for more information about the restaurant.