Naked man chased by cops through Notting Hill

A naked man was chased by cops and hauled before the courts after he was spotted running nude through the streets.

Ross Springham, 29, was seen in his birthday suit in Notting Hill, west London, when worried residents called police.

When police arrived at around 8am on Sunday morning he started running away, and the officers gave chase.

Three cops were filmed in hot pursuit of the nude suspect as he legged it past shops and businesses without any clothes on during the wintery weather.

He was arrested by police and taken to a police station in central London after being checked over by paramedics, Scotland Yard said.

The man was first seen walking along the busy main road of Westway, police said.

The bizarre chase was captured on video by a passing delivery cyclist as the man ran along nearby Queensway.

Pedro Lula, 39, who witnessed the chase, said: "I was out making a delivery on my bike when I looked up and a naked man ran past.

“I was checking an address on my phone and just started filming.”

Mobile phone footage showed the man running past a police car as two of his colleagues chased after him in front of stunned passers-by.

A third officer then jumped out of a police car and joined the pursuit of the stripped off runner as he crossed the road, closely followed by another officer.

Once the suspect was apprehended, he appeared in court the next day (Mon) charged with indecent exposure.

At Westminster Magistrates' Court Springham pleaded guilty and was remanded in custody.

He will be sentenced next month after a pre-sentence report is produced by probation.

A spokesman for the Met Police said: "Police were called to the Westway, W2, at around 8am on Sunday, February 21, following reports that a man was walking naked in the street.

"Officers and the London Ambulance Service (LAS) attended. The man was arrested after being seen and assessed by LAS and was taken into custody at a central London police station.

"Ross Springham, 29, of no fixed address, was charged on Monday, February 22, with indecent exposure. He appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court later the same day."

From Our Partners