Station evacuated over smoke from train
A station has been evacuated after thick smoke was seen billowing from a train.
The fire service was called to Queen Street station in Glasgow at around 8.40am when the alarm was raised.
Pictures posted on social media showed smoke billowing across the station as passengers made their way outside.
It is thought the smoke was caused by excessive fumes belching from one of the trains.
Scotrail tweeted that the fire alarm was sounding and that trains would not operate from the station.
They added: “Until the fire alarm has been reset we are unable to operate trains to/from the station, services won’t call at Queen Street low level.”
Scotrail said the “broken-down train” was being moved to the depot at Eastfield.
The fire service said it was a false alarm with good intent.