Mother dies after bag of cocaine explodes in her stomach before boarding a flight

An inquest has concluded that a teacher and mother-of-three accidentally killed herself after swallowing a bag of cocaine before boarding a flight at Manchester Airport.

According to the BBC, Victoria Buchanan, 42, is thought to have ingested the drug after realising it was in her possession before boarding a flight to Dubai in March of last year.

The inquest was told that she had been drinking champagne in a departure lounge before discovering the drug and decided to swallow it in the hope of taking it with her.

However, the bag burst in her stomach causing her to collapse. She later die in hospital.

Find out more in the video above.

Read Full Story

FROM OUR PARTNERS