Woman dies after eating at Michelin-star restaurant in Spain

A woman who died after eating at a Michelin-starred restaurant in Spain may have suffered food poisoning, a local court said on Friday.

The 46-year-old diner passed away on Sunday after eating at the RiFF restaurant in Valencia with her family.

The woman's husband and 12-year-old son suffered food poisoning as well but "they have made a good recovery", the court said.

An additional 29 people who ate at the eatery in the three days before her death also developed food poisoning.

But "their symptoms were very mild, including mostly vomiting" and they made a good recovery, it said.

"The investigating magistrate is waiting for a forensic report and test results from the autopsy."

A court spokesman said nobody has been charged.

RiFF was opened in 2001 and awarded a Michelin star in 2009.

Read Full Story

FROM OUR PARTNERS