Dead dolphin washed up after swallowing plastic
This shocking image shows a dolphin found dead on a British beach after swallowing plastic.
The carcass was discovered by Simon Heester who said it was entangled in rope and showed signs of having eaten plastic. Found on Pentewan beach, near St Austell, Cornwall, the dolphin is believed to be the 31st of its kind found dead in the Duchy alone already in 2019.
Other carcasses have been found in places such as Par, Porthtowan and the Rame Peninsula. Ruth Williams, the marine conservation manager with the Marine Stranding Network, said the figures were shocking but not unprecedented.