Girl, three, freed after getting hands trapped in toy vending machine

Firefighters had to free a three-year-old girl after the youngster got both hands trapped in a toy vending machine.

Nottinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service said it was one of the more unusual calls it answered over the bank holiday weekend.

Crews from Stapleford were called to the Matalan store in Chilwell, Nottingham, to aid the stricken girl on Monday.

Dismantled
The vending machine had to be partially dismantled during the rescue effort (Nottinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service/PA)

Fire service acting watch manager Pete Hopkins said: "This was a challenging entrapment, with a distressed little girl.

"She managed to wedge both her hands fully in the vending machine.

"We used lots of equipment (including the odd cuddle) to free her without injury."

The youngster was freed without injury after about an hour.

Read Full Story

FROM OUR PARTNERS