The NHS trusts with the highest purchases of disposable cups identified
NHS trusts across England have purchased more than 600 million disposable cups since 2013.
Here is a list of the highest purchaser per region - some trusts took the title even after only submitting four years of data.
- Between 2013/14 and 2017/18, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust purchased 15,268,142 disposable cups, the most across the East Midlands.
- In the East of England region, East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust purchased 11,139,673 disposable cups between 2013 and 2017.
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust purchased the most disposable cups across Yorkshire and the Humber - between 2013/14 and 2017/18 it bought 19,882,954 of the items.
- Across Southampton, Portsmouth, Poole, the Isle of Wight and Dorset, University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust purchased the most cups, buying 11,785,100 in just four years from 2014/15 to 2017/18.
- In the Thames Valley area, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust bought 11,783,450 disposable drinking cups between 2014 and 2018.
- In South London, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust purchased the most disposable cups, buying 29,805,820 between 2013 and 2017.
- Across North and West London, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust purchased the most disposable drinking cups, buying 9,330,625 between 2013/14 and 2017/18.
- In North Central and East London, the trust with the highest number of cups purchased was Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust, buying 11,018,125 in the four years from 2014/15.
- Ashford and St. Peter's Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was the biggest purchaser across Kent, Surrey and Sussex, buying 10,618,075 cups from 2013/14 onwards.
- In the North East of England, Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust purchased the most disposable cups, buying 11,425,900 in the four years from 2014/15.
- Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust purchased 8,536,375 disposable cups between 2013 and 2017 - the highest in the North West of England.
- In the West Midlands, 14,727,625 disposable cups were purchased by University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust between 2013/14 and 2017/18.
- In the South West, Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was the highest purchaser, buying 8,161,025 disposable cups between 2013 and 2017.