Fourth teenager charged over tram platform attack

A fourth teenager has been charged after a man was attacked on tram platform.

Earlier this week, police released CCTV footage of the brutal assault on the 49-year-old victim who was repeatedly kicked and stamped on at the Metrolink station in Chadderton, Greater Manchester.

The man was targeted as he stepped off the tram at the Freehold stop at about 9.35pm on Thursday March 8.

On Saturday, Greater Manchester Police said a 16-year-old boy has been charged with attempted murder and will appear later at Tameside Magistrates' Court.

Three 15-year-old boys have already appeared in court in connection with the incident - two also accused of attempted murder and one charged with assault.

Police said the driver of a tram travelling in the opposite direction saw the attack and stopped to intervene, along with passengers.

The victim was taken to hospital with serious injuries and is recovering from his ordeal.

Read Full Story

FROM OUR PARTNERS