Man held at Heathrow Airport over Manchester Arena bombing

A man has been arrested at Heathrow Airport in connection with the Manchester Arena bombing.

The 38-year-old was held on suspicion of terror offences and taken into custody as part of a planned operation, Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said.

The force said there was no direct threat to the airport during the 19th arrest of the probe into the attack that left 22 dead.

A total of seven men remain in custody for questioning over last month's atrocity.

Twelve people arrested during the massive operation that followed have since been released without charge.

On Tuesday an 18-year-old man - understood to be Abedi's cousin - and two other men were freed.

Abedi's brother Ismail, 23, was released on Monday, while his other cousins, Isaac Forjani, 24, and Abz Forjani, 21, both from Fallowfield, were among those released last week.

On Tuesday police said suicide bomber Salman Abedi may have stored items used to assemble the device in a Nissan Micra.

GMP said "significant evidence" was found in the white car, which has an "R" registration plate and was seized from Devell House in Rusholme on Friday.

The force issued photos of the car and a red and black holdall and appealed for anyone who recognised either to come forward.

Detective Chief Superintendent Russ Jackson said police were continuing to track the movements Abedi made in the days leading up to the May 22 attack.

He said: "Our investigation has also revealed that Abedi made repeated trips to and from this car between May 18 and 22 and we believe he was taking items from the car to help assemble the device.

"The car was sold by a previous keeper on April 13 2017.

''Abedi left the country on April 15 and it is vital that we understand what happened to this car during these few days between April 13 and 15."

On Tuesday, a police officer outside Ismail Abedi's flat in nearby Whalley Range told reporters that the property was still "an active crime scene".

Abedi, whose family are of Libyan origin, died after detonating an improvised explosive device as people began leaving a show by US singer Ariana Grande.

His father, Ramadan Abedi, was arrested in Tripoli on May 24, along with Salman's younger brother Hashim, 20, who Libyan security forces said were "aware of all the details" of the attack.

Islamic State claimed responsibility for the atrocity.