The format of The Great British Bake Off "will stay exactly the same" following its move from the BBC to Channel 4, Paul Hollywood has said.
The popular baking show hit the headlines earlier this year after Love Productions, the company that makes the hit programme, announced it was switching channels.
Hollywood became the only member of the original team to follow the show. Fellow judge Mary Berry, as well as hosts Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins, opted to stay at the BBC.
Speaking on the Jonathan Ross show, Hollywood said he had been given little warning over the move.
"It was between the production company and the BBC and they then moved to Channel 4 and obviously it came down to ... my job was still there and I didn't want to lose my job. I love doing what I do.
"We knew they were talking, there were negotiations going on. We had no idea that we were going to move until it actually happened.
He said he had been involved in "long talks" with Channel 4 and was "excited" for the show to return.
"The Bake Off won't change in the sense that the format will stay exactly the same, the tent will stay the same, the challenges and really the bakers (will not change).
"Ultimately, it comes down to when the bakers get in the tent next year, then it will be a special thing."
"I'm really excited about it and I think it will do a great job, I'm going to make sure that we keep it the same."
Last week, the television baker said he was surprised by the vitriolic reaction his decision elicited, adding that the Yorkshire ripper had received less negative press coverage than him.
Hollywood appeared on the Jonathan Ross show alongside actress Keira Knightley, singer Kylie Minogue and comedians Miranda Hart and David Walliams.
:: The Jonathan Ross Show airs on Saturday at 10.05pm on ITV.