The Clintons are one of the most famous political couples in the world - one a former president of the United States, the other a presidential candidate and former secretary of state.
But where did they begin? How did they get here?
We look at a history of their careers and lives through pictures.
1. The couple enter the White House to attend a dinner honouring the nation's governors in 1979.
2. Bill and Hillary welcome their daughter Chelsea in March 1980.
3. Two years later, they celebrate Bill's victory as the Democratic candidate for Arkansas Governor.
4. The couple arrive at the White House for dinner in 1986.
5. Bill Clinton announces his bid for the presidency in November 1991.
6. Here they are on the campaign trail together.
7. In January 1993, Bill Clinton became the 42nd president of the United States - here he is taking his oath.
8. The couple settle into their new roles.
9. In 1998, the House of Representatives began impeachment proceedings against Bill Clinton for lying about his affair with Monica Lewinsky - here he is thanking the Democrats who voted against the motion.
10. At the end of Clinton's second term as president, his wife is voted Senator of New York.
11. By 2007, Hillary Clinton is running to be the Democratic nominee for president herself.
12. She was unsuccessful that time, but is successfully nominated as the Democratic candidate in 2016.
13. The couple are grandparents to two children - here is daughter Chelsea after giving birth a second time.
14. The couple are now doing all they can to ensure Hillary Clinton is elected to be the first female president of the United States.