Nine people have been killed and an unknown number injured in a shopping centre shooting in Munich, Germany.
Here is what we know so far:
Three gunmen involved
Munich police suspect there were three gunmen involved although it is unclear if they are on the run.
The police were "verifying the possibility" that one of the shooters had been killed in the Olympia Einkaufszentrum shopping centre. Multiple shots were fired on Hanauer Street before the attack moved to the shopping centre in the south German city at about 6pm on Friday.
Unverified video footage appeared to show a man opening fire at people outside a McDonald's restaurant near to the shopping centre. The sound of multiple shots being fired can be heard as shoppers and passers-by run for cover. People were seen fleeing from the building in another video posted on social media.
The attack took place on the fifth anniversary of the lone wolf terrorist attacks by Anders Behring Breivik in Norway in which 77 people were killed.
Munich Police statement
Munich Police confirmed that there had been at least nine deaths and an unknown number of injuries. Police are urging people to avoid public places and said that they could not confirm if there were other crime scenes apart from Hanauer Street.
The force also tweeted: "Please don't take Fotos or Video of Police Action in order to avoid any helpful Information for the suspects."
Police have responded to the attack in large numbers. Dozens of vehicles can be seen lining the street outside the shopping centre, and a number of armed officers and a helicopter are at the scene.
A cordon was put in place and the area has been evacuated.
Munich's transport links shut down
Rail travel and public transport in the city has been stopped and Munich's central station has been closed, according to local media.
Drivers have been urged to clear the motorways around Munich, and nightclubs in the city will remain closed on Friday night, local media said.
Social media reaction
Refuge has been offered to people stranded around the city via social media, under the hashtag #OffeneTur - or #OpenDoor - inviting people to stay if they are unable to get home.
Facebook's Safety Check feature has also been activated so that people can let friends and family know that they are safe.
Any Britons involved?
British nationals in Germany are being advised to comply with instructions from local authorities.
A British Foreign Office spokesman said: "We are urgently seeking further information following the ongoing incident in Munich. We are in touch with the relevant authorities."
Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson and Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn both offered their condolences on Twitter: