A terrorist attack in Nice, France, yesterday evening has killed 84 people and injured scores of others after a lorry ploughed into crowds celebrating Bastille day.
As more details emerge about the lorry attack in Nice, here is what we know so far.
The attack has so far killed 84 people and wounded 202, 25 of which are on life support, while 52 are in a critical condition.
According to the regional president in Nice, Christian Estrosi, at least 10 children are among the dead.
The attacker is reported to be 31-year-old Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel.
He is of French-Tunisian origin, and was not known to intelligence services.
Eyewitnesses said Bouhlel swerved from side to side to kill as many people as possible as he drove for hundreds of metres along the Promenade des Anglais on the seafront.
A witness said he then produced a gun before being shot dead by police. Estrosi said guns and grenades were found in the lorry.
Authorities are now investigating whether he acted alone or as part of a group.
Eyewitnesses reported distressing scenes.
Damien Allemand, a journalist with the Nice-Matin newspaper, said: "I saw bodies flying like bowling pins in its path. Heard noises, screams that I will never forget."
London resident Tereza Cerevenova, on holiday with her family in Nice, said people were "hiding behind cars" in an effort to escape the lorry driver.
Irish barman Robert Greene, from Coolock in Dublin, was around three metres from the carnage and spoke of the devastation.
Clearly shaken by the incident, he said: "I saw this truck and he cut through three or four people, he was already missing the bumper. It was horrific.
The incident has been labelled one of terror.
French president Francois Hollande said the country's state of emergency would be extended for another three months. A military operation is in place allowing the mobilisation of 10,000 troops.
Mr Hollande said the country's borders were being tightened, as he vowed that France would show "real force and military action in Syria and Iraq".
The country has also declared three days of national mourning following the atrocity.
The Queen and Prince Philip have paid their respects to the people of France.
The Queen paid her respects to the dead and injured on Friday night, sending a message to Mr Hollande saying: "I was deeply shocked and saddened to hear of the terrible loss of life in Nice.
"Prince Philip and I would like to offer our most sincere condolences to you, the families of those who have died, and the French people.
Theresa May and Sadiq Khan have moved to reassure the British public.
London Mayor Sadiq Khan announced he will be "reviewing our own safety measures" following the attack.
Prime Minister Theresa May said Britain must redouble its efforts to defeat "brutal" terrorist "murderers", while police forces across England and Wales have been told to review security at major events over the next week in the wake of the bloodbath.