A 31-year-old woman has been charged with preventing a lawful and decent burial of a baby by detectives investigating the disappearance of a child who has not been seen for more than a decade.
Scotland Yard said she has also been charged with perverting the course of justice and will appear in custody at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court in south London on Monday.
Scotland Yard said they are not naming the woman who has been charged, for operational reasons.
Detectives have been looking into the disappearance of a baby born in Barnet, north London, in 2004, who has not been seen for more than 11 years.
Officers attended a house in Fryent Crescent, West Hendon, north London, on May 30 at 7am. Human remains thought to be those of a child, who police have not identified, were found during a search of the address on May 31.
A special post-mortem examination took place at Great Ormond Street Hospital on June 2 but the cause of death could not be determined. Further tests are being arranged.
A 50-year-old woman had earlier been arrested on suspicion of murder and later bailed.
She was re-arrested on suspicion of preventing a lawful and decent burial along with a 52-year-old man who was arrested for the same offence.
They have both now been bailed pending further enquires to a date in mid-July.
The Metropolitan Police said the case has been referred to its Directorate of Professional Standards and also to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.