A Briton who has been missing since the deadly terror attacks in Brussels has been confirmed dead.
The family of David Dixon, 50, who is originally from Hartlepool but was living in the Belgian capital, said they had received "the most terrible and devastating news".
At least 32 people were killed and 270 injured when suicide bombs ripped through the airport and a Metro station on Tuesday morning.
A statement issued by the Foreign Office on behalf of Mr Dixon's family said: "This morning we received the most terrible and devastating news about our beloved David. At this most painful time our family would gratefully appreciate it if we could be left alone to grieve in private. Please respect our wishes."
The Foreign Office said officials know of seven British nationals who were injured in the attacks, with three still being treated in hospital.
Mr Dixon, an IT programmer, had been missing since the Metro blast, and his family previously said they were "anxiously waiting" and hoping for "good news" about him.
It was reported that Mr Dixon's aunt had text him following the airport explosions and had received a message back from him saying he was safe.
But it is thought he then got on the Metro to go to work and got caught up in the attack.
Prime Minister David Cameron tweeted: "I am deeply saddened to hear David Dixon was killed in the Brussels attacks. My thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family."
Six people were arrested in connection with the attacks on Thursday, according to Belgian prosecutors.
Three terrorists died in the explosions and a massive manhunt was launched to track down other suspects believed to be behind the blasts.
Belgian prosecutors said the arrests were made during raids in central Brussels, Jette and the Schaerbeek neighbourhood - where police found a large stash of explosives and other bomb-making material earlier this week in a flat believed to be used by the suicide bombers.
On Friday, state broadcaster RTBF said one person carrying a bag of explosives material was wounded and arrested in another large police raid.
Veterinary surgeon Marie-Pierre Bouvez, a resident of the cordoned-off street in the city's Schaerbeek district, told The Associated Press the area remains blocked off but heavily armed officers involved in the operation have gone.
AP reporters at the scene said explosives robots and experts were still combing the area.
RTBF quoted Schaerbeek district mayor Bernard Clerfayt as saying the arrested person has been linked to the attacks in Brussels this week and an arrest in France.
Prime Minister Charles Michel skipped a wreath-laying ceremony at the Brussels airport with US Secretary of State John Kerry because of the police operation.
Belgian security services were hunting two men pictured with the suicide bombers shortly before the attacks and believed to be on the run.
One of the men was caught on CCTV carrying a large bag and walking with jihadist Khalid El Bakraoui moments before the bomb detonated, according to state broadcaster RTBF and France's Le Monde newspaper.
Another of the suspected killers, dubbed "the man in white", was pictured pushing a trolley through Zaventem Airport with Najim Laachraoui and Khalid's brother Ibrahim before they blew themselves up.
Meanwhile, a US official said at least two American citizens were killed in the attacks.
The news came as Mr Kerry was visiting Brussels to express his condolences to the Belgian people.
The Netherlands' foreign minister said three Dutch citizens were killed in the bombing at Brussels airport.
A Chinese citizen was also confirmed among the dead.
Elsewhere, German magazine Der Spiegel reported that two people with possible links to those involved in the Brussels attacks have been arrested separately in Germany.