Inquest for toddler who died after choking at Pizza Hut

An inquest will be held for a toddler who died after choking on a grape in a Pizza Hut restaurant.

Two-year-old Jacob Jenkins was taken to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle after he choked on the fruit at the Hartlepool branch of the chain.

He died days later in October after his parents Abigail Wilson and David Jenkins were advised that his life support machine should be turned off.

At the time, hundreds of wellwishers gathered in Hartlepool to release hundreds of yellow balloons on Seaton Carew seafront in tribute.

The inquest will be held at Newcastle Civic Centre on Tuesday.

Read Full Story